Parks & Open Space Master Plan
Get involved! With more than 70 Lane County parks, we need your help to create a comprehensive park and open space system for all of Lane County. Please help us by getting involved.
We are hosting community workshops across the county to hear directly from residents and other stakeholders. The workshops are identical and scheduled as follows:
Community Workshop Agenda
You can also take a brief, online survey at http://bit.ly/lanecountyparks.
- Monday, April 24, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Lane County Public Works Goodson Room, 3050 N. Delta Highway, Eugene)
- Wednesday, April 26, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Mapleton High School Library, 10878 E. Mapleton Road, Mapelton)
- Thursday, April 27, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Leaburg Training Center, 42870 McKenzie Highway, Leaburg)
- Wednesday, May 3, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Cottage Grove City Hall, 400 E. Main Street, Cottage Grove)
- Thursday, May 4, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Siuslaw Valley Fire Central Station #1, 2625 Highway 101, Florence)
- Thursday, May 11, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Oakridge Community Building, 48362 Highway 58, Oakridge)
- Monday, May 22, 6:00p.m. – 7:30p.m. (Springfield City Hall, Library Meeting Room, Springfield City Hall – 225 5th St.)
As the process progresses, there will be more opportunities to share your insights:
- An online comment form
- Open houses
- A Draft Plan Review form
- Public Hearings
Check back for further announcements or sign up to receive regular updates as part of our mailing list by clicking on the green button below. Please share this information with your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to get them involved as well!
|Our Promise to You
Efforts to refine the Master Plan are anticipated to continue until early fall 2017. This phase of the project is built around the following engagement goals:
- We will keep residents informed and simplify opportunities for community involvement.
- We will engage residents, Task Force members and County advisory groups and park users in Master Plan decision-making.
- We will build on the community insights and information already collected.
- We will assemble and communicate community priorities and use those priorities to guide Master Plan recommendations and our future vision for services.
- We will work together to foster long term support for Lane County parks and open space by developing a Master Plan that is practical yet farsighted.
Would you like to be kept informed of the Master Plan process?
Consider signing up on the project mailing list and we will send
periodic updates and news about the process as it continues.
Just click on the green button below to sign up.
Join our mailing list.
Through an ongoing effort, Lane County has been in the process of updating our Parks & Open Space Master Plan. A great deal of information was collected and presented in a August 2015 Draft Master Plan. Many residents and stakeholders provided valuable comments and insights on this preliminary draft. Building on this foundation of information, we are launching another phase in the planning process to involve residents, a project Task Force and other advisory groups in identifying best practices and the community’s vision and goals for the parks system.
August 2015 Draft
As the Parks Master Plan Task Force works, the reference materials they use will be posted on the link below. New information will be posted throughout the project.
Parks Master Plan Task Force Document Library
If you have questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.