The following items are required:
- Proof of payment to financial institution for fees (e.g. copy of check, receipt from bank);
- A Letter of Instruction, which must include:
- A request for seizure/sale signed by an attorney; the date the writ was served on the bank;
- The date the garnishee response was filed in Lane County Circuit Court; and,
- The name and address of the bank where garnishment will occur.
- A copy of the Writ and Garnishee Response, attached to the request for seizure;
- A copy of the Judgment, signed by a judge;
- An initial deposit of $600, which covers:
- Fee of $106. ($36 service fee, $70 enforcement fee, per ORS 21.410)
- If the contents are to be sold by the Sheriff’s Office additional fees will apply. Please include in the letter of instruction how the items should be posted; either $108 for three public postings, or $250 for the OSSA website. The OSSA website fee covers posting of up to three pictures.
- Current mailing, copying & folio fees; and,
- Additional deputy standby fees, if the time required for seizure and/or sale exceeds 1 hour.
- Challenge to Execution Form; and,
- New instructions after seizure of property is to be sold, including:
- What to release;
- What to sell and opening bids on each item to be sold;
- The names and addresses of any party, including debtors, who must receive the notice.
Please remember all garnishments are different and additional fees may apply.