Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center

Lane County's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center is located at the Glenwood Central Receiving Station property,an immediate left turn once inside the main gate. It offers safe disposal of household hazardous wastes at no charge, by appointment only.

Using the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center is easy.

1. Contact Lane County Waste Management Division at 541-682-4120 to make an appointment to drop off hazardous waste. Collection appointments are scheduled for Thursday and Saturday between 8am and  2:45 pm.

2. Keep wastes in their original labeled containers if possible, or label known items. Secure containers in a box to keep them from tipping over in transit. Bring up to 35 gallons of waste total and no empty containers.

3. Enter the Glenwood transfer site through the center lane and follow signs to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center. Stay inside your vehicle. Our staff will unload the waste for you at no charge.

Rural Collection
To better serve the rural communities of Lane County, the Waste Management Division's special waste program conducts several mobile collection events in rural communities each year. Click here for the 2018 collection schedule.

What About Business Hazardous Waste?
Businesses, agencies and organizations that generate small quantities of hazardous waste are called “Conditionally Exempt Generators” (CEGs) and may be eligible to participate in Lane County’s CEG collection program. 

Participating businesses must pre-register and pay disposal fees for their waste and make an appointment to drop off the materials at the Glenwood Disposal site on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Download the CEG application form here.  All the information you need is on the form.  If you still need more information, prices or other information about business-generated wastes only, call 541-682-3828. 

Fluorescent Lamp and Tube Disposal
For information on convenient disposal options for compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or fluorescent tubes 4 ft or less view our PDF brochure or visit Compact Fluorescent Lamps

Paint Disposal
For information on where to take paint, here's a list of collectors currently participating in the PaintCare program.

Almost any type of household hazardous waste can be accepted at the facility:

Accepted Items:

  • Acids and bases
  • Fluorescent lamps/PCB ballasts
  • Fuels/solvents
  • Household cleaners
  • Pesticides/Herbicides
  • Paint/stains/strippers/thinners
  • Poisons
  • Pool chemicals
  • Containers (5 gal. max.)

The following items are NOT ACCEPTED:

  • Containers over 5 gallons
  • Asbestos (accepted at Short Mt. Landfill) Call 541-726-3047 to make an appointment 
  • Radioactive materials (including smoke detectors)
  • Explosives (ammunition and road flares accepted)
  • Infectious wastes (sharps accepted at most Lane County transfer sites in the recycling area)
  • Empty containers, dried paint and non-hazardous wastes, including food products
  • Commercially generated waste