Open Enrollment 2019

 October 22nd - November 9th, 2018

This year you can make all changes online through any County computer connected to Employee Self Service for Open Enrollment.

If you do not wish to make any changes for 2019 plan year, no action is needed, UNLESS you have contributions from your payroll into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health or Dependent Care Expenses or you contribute additional money into your Health Savings Account (HSA) in addition to the County's employer contributions.


To make Plan changes, update dependents, elect FSA and HSA amounts for 2019, please log into a County computer to access your Employee Self Service home page and click on the Benefits Tile. From there you can review your current Benefits Summary and then choose the Benefit Enrollment to choose changes for your 2019 plans.

with HR Benefits 

Location: PC Classroom, Basement level
PSB Building

Wednesday November 7, 2018

10:30AM - 1:00PM

Thursday, November 8, 2018

1:00PM - 3:00PM

Friday, November 9, 2018

7:30AM - 10:00AM

Friday, November 9, 2018 - LAST CHANCE!

3:00PM - 5:00PM

Please see special notifications, FAQ's and the REQUIRED forms below.


Do I need to do anything if I want to contribute to the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) in 2019?


If you want to participate in a FSA in 2019, annual enrollment is required. You must elect an annual pledge amount that will be collected from your paychecks equally. (i.e. if you elect $2600 annually for your FSA, then $100 would be withheld from each of the 26 pay periods in 2019).

Please note: Current enrollees - If you have a remaining balance in your FSA for 2018, up to $500 will automatically roll-over into the 2019 plan year. If you do not elect to contribute to the FSA in 2019, those roll-over funds will not be accessible until after March 31, 2019, when the 2018 plan year runs out for claim processing. If you continue to contribute to the FSA from 2018 into 2019, the roll-over funds are accessible without break.  

If you elect to contribute to your HSA account (in addition to the amount the County contributes on your behalf), you must re-elect the amount you wish to contribute from your paychecks in 2019.
If you elect the High Deductible Health Plan, you do not need to do anything for the County's $1500 or $3000 contribution to continue.

Please note: Current enrollees - all HSA contributions roll-over year to year, but do have annually max limits. HSA accounts have their own rules set by the IRS. For questions regarding any exclusions or tax liabilities, please contact OPTUM at: 877-470-1771 or consult a tax professional.

Do I need to do anything if I’m not making a change to my medical, dental and/or vision plans?

That depends.

If you are staying with the same plans and are not adding or deleting dependents to your coverage, you do not need to take action. Your current plan elections will continue into the 2019 calendar year.

However, if you contribute any additional contributions from your paycheck for an FSA or HSA account, including dependent care FSA, annual enrollment is required for your contributions.

Please note: The provider network for the Co-Pay and Plus plans will change to the SmartChoice Network effective 1/1/19. (If you were on the PrimePlus plan in 2018, the name will change to just Plus plan 1/1/19)

How do I make changes if I do not have Lane County computer access?

Contact your supervisor to get an enrollment form.

What are the dates of Open Enrollment?

Open Enrollment begins Monday, October 22 and runs through Friday, November 9th at 5:00 pm. 

How do I make plan changes to add dependents?

First, you will need to provide eligibility documents (e.g., birth certificate, marriage license) to HR before you can add any dependents who are not currently enrolled on the plans.

Next, go to the Open Enrollment link if you have network access from a County computer. If you do not have access, please contact your supervisor for an enrollment form.

If you are deleting a dependent, you may also be required to submit proof, such as a divorce decree. Please review the Dependent Eligibility Documents list to determine what may be needed from you.

Are there any changes to the plan in 2019?

No, the health plans for AFSCME, AFSCME Nurses, Admin Pro, 626, FOPPO, Prosecuting Attorneys, LCPOA and Non-Represented employees are not changing for 2019.

Important: While the plans are not changing, the provider network for the Co-Pay and PrimePlus plans will be updating to the SmartChoice Network effective 1/1/19.  (If you were on the PrimePlus plan in 2018, the name will change to Plus plan 1/1/19)

Are there any premium changes for 2019?

No. Premium contributions for AFSCME, AFSCME Nurses, LCPOA, Admin Pro, 626, FOPPO, Prosecuting Attorneys and Non-Represented employees are not changing for 2019.*

Please see the 2019 Health Plan Comparison for the premium rates per health plan.

*Employees are also eligible for a Live Well Credit of $20/month in 2019.

How do I get the Live Well Credit for 2019?

If you are contributing to the cost of your health plan you can receive a $20 monthly credit by:
1) completing an online health risk assessment, and
2) completing a biometric screening, and
3) attending a Comprehensive Health Review with one of the Live Well Center staff. 

You must complete this annually to receive the monthly $20 credit every year.

Please call the Live Well Center at 541-603-7930 to see when you are due for your next review. 

In general, once you have completed the Comprehensive Health Review, you will need to schedule your next annual appointment near your birthdate for ongoing credit.

Please review the following information and forms that may be required for changes to your 2019 Health, Dental & Vision plan changes:

Dependent Changes/Additions/Deletions

Please review the Dependent Eligibility Documents to determine which proofs you will be required to submit in order to: 
    1. Add new Dependents on your health and insurance plans
    2. Drop Dependents due to divorce or dissolution of a Domestic Partnership
    3. Update Relationship status (i.e. you married your Domestic Partner, you got a divorce, you adopted a child.)


If you plan to Opt Out of the 2019 PacificSource Health Plans, and you have not been previously, you will be required to provide a Proof of Other Coverage form during Open Enrollment, and you will be required to have continuous group medical coverage.

The monthly amount that an employee would receive is $350.00 in lieu of medical and vision exam insurance coverage. The Opt Out amount will be $175.00 for part-time employees (20-29hours/week) who were hired on or after January 1, 2018.

*Please note: Even if you Opt Out of PacificSource Health plans, you may still participate in the Dental and Supplemental Vision plan options for you and your dependents.

Domestic Partnership Changes

If you are adding a Domestic Partner and your Domestic Partner's children to your Health, Dental or Vision plans, you will need to review and submit the Domestic Partnership Affidavit and Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependents of Domestic Partnership forms.

In addition to the notarized Affidavit of Domestic Partnership, you must also submit the Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependents of Domestic Partnership, to either: 1) certify your Domestic Partner and their children are legal tax dependents in accordance with IRS Section 152(a) or 2) decline tax-qualified dependent status for your Domestic Partner and their children.  Please see the form above for the information and forms that will be required.

Medicare Eligibility in 2019

If you will be turning 65 in 2019, Lane County recommends you talk to a tax professional and OPTUM before electing the High Deductible Health Plan with the Health Savings Account.

Please review the  HSA 2019 Eligibiltiy Rules.  

For further assistance, please contact OPTUM at 877-470-1771 or visit them online at to view your current account or visit to view helpful information about HSA rules.

Annual Open Enrollment for AFLAC Insurance

Now is also the time you may elect optional AFLAC Plan Options if you would like coverage for Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer or Hospital Indemnity insurance plans.

​Please Contact AFLAC if you wish to learn more about your options or call Carol Kenyon at 541-580-5002.

​AFLAC premiums are deducted from your paychecks and is only available annually during Open Enrollment.