Lane County Parks are safe, respectful and inclusive places free of hate and discrimination.  All parks visitors are welcome.

Reserve a Campsite

Campsite reservations must be made prior to arrival.  Reservations may be made ONLINE or via phone 541-682.2000.  Campsite Fees vary by site.

Campground Maps
 Archie Knowles    Baker Bay Park (Alcohol Free)  
 Armitage Park  Harbor Vista Park  Richardson Park

Now OPEN!  
The NEW Harbor Vista Cabins are open and available for reservations!  Use the link above to navigate to our reservation site.

Check out the build process time-lapse below, thanks to Jan Kronke and Oregon TimberWerks

March 2022 February 2022 January 2022
December 2021  November 2021  

Reserve Camp Lane

Camp Lane is the perfect venue for your next BIG group event.  Each year numerous groups host their events at Camp Lane, from weddings and family reunions to large corporate or nonprofit retreats! If you're looking for the perfect mix of history, nature, lodging, amenities, and the outdoors - Camp Lane is the place for you.

Conveniently located just 40 minutes west of Eugene and 30 minutes east of Florence, this beautiful site can be reserved up to two (2) years in advance. Please visit the reservation site learn more and book today!

Alternatively our office staff would be happy to assist 541-682-2000. 

Rent a Picnic Area | Park Shelter | Host an Event

Lane County Parks are a great location to host your event!

Choose from several reservable day use picnic areas including covered shelters and open areas. Reservable areas often include picnic tables, bbq grills, electricity, water, and serving areas.  Picnic area and Park Shelter amenities are detailed in the reservation page and accommodate up to 200 people depending on the site. 

To reserve a picnic area or park shelter, please visit our reservation page or phone the Parks call center 541-682-2000.

Small Events:  For events under 1000 attendees, please complete a Special Use Permit application

Large Events:  
For events with more than 1000 attendees please complete a Special Event Application.

Picnic Area and Park shelter rentals and events may have insurance requirements.

Purchase a Parking Pass

A parking permit is required at most Lane County parks.  Please view which parks require passes here.

Parking Pass Fees
All Parks Annual Pass = $40 / All Parks Day Pass = $5
Senior Discount (age 62 or older with valid ID) = $20

Disabled parking permit / ADA placard is not valid in lieu of Lane County Parks parking pass

Disabled Veterans 25%-99% = $20
Disabled Veterans 100% = FREE

To qualify for a disabled veterans pass, applicants must present Summary VA Benefits Letter to Parks Office Staff.  Passes may be purchased at the County Parks office, via email or online.

On-line Reservations site
Passport Application

Find additional information regarding discounted senior and veteran parking passes, and a list of alternate purchasing locations throughout the county here.

Pay a Parking Violation

Pay a Parking Citation select "Pay your parking restitution here".

If you have a question regarding your Notice of Violation, please email [email protected], include a copy of your Notice of Violation and any photo documentation necessary. 

Reserve a Moorage Slip

Seasonal and temporary moorage is available at Baker Bay, Orchard Point Park and Richardson Park.

2023 Seasonal Moorage:
Renewal period:  February 20 - March 17, 2023.  Moorage renewal instructions.  
New Moorage: Opens April 1, 2023.

Water Levels

Army Corps of Engineers Water Level Information:

Fern Ridge
Dorena Lake
Fern Ridge Marina Slip Depth Chart

Apply for a Metal Detecting Permit

Metal detecting is permitted only at designated Lane County Parks:

Armitage Park - Day use area only
Baker Bay Park - Day use area only
Hendricks Bridge Wayside
Orchard Point Park
Perkins Peninsula Park
Richardson Park - Day use area only
Zumwalt Park

Metal detecting permits are accepted electronically at [email protected]Find the permit the application packet which includes an application form, permit conditions and park maps here.  Please submit completed application forms along with a copy of your photo ID to [email protected]
Note:  Photo IDs are not kept on file and are for verification purposes only.  Upon receipt of the completed application and photo ID copy, a copy of the approved permit or reason for denial will be mailed within 10 business days. 

Apply for a Special Use Permit

Special Use Permits may be obtained to allow an activity contrary to or not described by the Park Rules. Examples include but are not limited to: drone use, firewood harvesting, geo-caching, metal detecting, and scientific research.

Apply for a Special Use Permit (SUP)

Current Projects

Designing the Future of Lane County Parks Together - May Presentation

Armitage Park Campground Expansion

Management and Funding Plans

Lane County Parks Master Plan 
In December 2018 the Board of County Commissioners adopted the Lane County Parks Master Plan, which is the document guiding the Parks Division for the next 20 years.  Click the following link to view the Master Plan and Appendices.

Funding Task Force Plan
The Board of County Commissioners approved the formation of the Lane County Parks Funding Task Force in July 2019. The Task Force members included Lane County residents from each region of the county, as well as selected stakeholders who have a passion for Lane County Parks. The Task Force researched and recommended funding options that will ensure long-term financial stability for Lane County Parks.  At the conclusion of their work in 2021, their recommendations were forwarded to the Lane County Board of Commissioners for consideration and possible implementation.  
2021 Funding Task Force Plan to Restore a Thriving Park System in Lane CountyView Funding Task Force Agendas, meeting videos and summaries.

Howard Buford Recreation Area Habitat Management Plan

Also in December 2018, the Board of County Commissioners adopted the Howard Buford Recreation Area Habitat Management Plan.  This is the guiding document to restore and manage native habitats in the park over the next 15 years. Click the following link to view the Habitat Management Plan and the Executive Summary

Howard Buford Recreation Area Master Plan
Click the following link to view the 1994 Howard Buford Recreation Area  Master Plan

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Lane County Parks smoking/tobacco policy?
All Lane County Parks are now tobacco-free so you can enjoy cleaner parks and a healthy environment. Select camping sites in each campground are designated as smoking permitted so please watch for those as marked if that is your preference.

What is the campsite reservation cancellation/refund policy?

15 Days or More: a full refund, two options. 
Option #1: Credit card refund will be issued in the amount of your Use Fee. A $5 cancellation fee is charged. 
Option #2: Voucher on account will be issued in the amount of your use fee. Vouchers are valid through the end of the 13th month from the date of issue. No Cancellation fee will be charged if you select the credit voucher on account option. 
4-14 Days: a credit voucher on account in the amount of your Use Fee. Vouchers are valid through the end of the 13th month from the date of issue. 
Less than 4 Days: no refund or credit voucher is available.

How do I obtain permission to conduct an activity that is not explicitly allowed in the Park Rules?
Special Use Permits may be obtained to allow an activity contrary to or not described by the park rules. Examples include but are not limited to: drone use, firewood harvesting geo-caching, metal detecting, and scientific research.

Apply for a Special Use Permit (SUP).

How do I apply to place a memorial bench or placard in Lane County Parks?
The Lane County Parks Memorial Program has been suspended and is not accepting applications for new memorials at this time. 

Which Lane County Parks are closed due to fire impacts?

Holiday Farm Fire Park Closures: 
Eagle Rock - Currently open but will be periodically closed for cleanup
Ben & Kay Doris - No longer maintained by Lane County Parks. Please call Oregon State Parks at 800-551-6949 for status.

Will there be fireworks at Fern Ridge Lake on the Fourth of July?

Fireworks are prohibited in all Lane County Parks, at all times regardless of weather or conditions. Also, no Fourth of July fireworks show will be held at Fern Ridge Lake.

All County Parks remain open on the Fourth of July holiday for your enjoyment, and we ask visitors to do their part and respect fireworks rules. Wishing you a safe and celebratory Independence Day!

What do if I encounter a wild animal in a park

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife has jurisdiction over fish and wildlife regardless of land ownership.  

For questions about injured or abandoned wild animals, visit Read the FAQs from ODFW.

For safety tips while working or recreating in the woods, read The ODFW Flyer "Be Wildlife Smart When Working in the Woods"
Parks Logo

Lane County Parks
3050 N Delta Hwy
Eugene, OR 97408
(541) 682-2000
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 4:00pm